or at least trying to be
At The Journey, we’re working to discover what it means to follow Jesus in this world. We refer to ourselves as a community of faith, love, and hope, and we’re passionately striving to live up to this biblical ideal. These values amp; convictions guide us as we pursue this goal.
Our Mission: Helping people follow Jesus.
Our Vision: To become a community that lives by faith, is known by love, and is a voice of hope to the greater North Oakland County area, and beyond.
Our Core Values:
Mission is why the Church exists.
- The Church is a movement, not an institution.
- Every follower of Jesus is commissioned by God.
Love is the context for all mission.
- The Church is relational, not programmatic.
- Every follower of Jesus is part of a larger community.
Structure must always submit to Spirit.
- The Church is empowering, not controlling.
- Every follower of Jesus is called and connected uniquely to serve.
Relevance to culture is not optional.
- The Church is incarnational, not esoteric.
- Every follower of Jesus celebrates communion with God.
Creativity is the natural result of spirituality.
- The Church is transforming, not conforming.
- Every follower of Jesus grows in Christ-like character.
Our Core Convictions:
- The Bible is God’s authoritative word to us.
- Jesus is the only hope for a lost and broken world.
- The local church is God’s agent for redemptive change.
- Every Christian is called and gifted by God to serve the Body and seek the Lost.
- The Church is called to whole earth evangelism.